“I work tirelessly to provide my clients with strategic, efficient, and practical solutions to litigation, primarily focused on real estate and banking disputes. Prior to litigation, I create, and help my clients implement, proactive options to minimize risk. When litigation is necessary, I effectively represent my clients following a client-approved roadmap and budget; that method allows my clients to make informed and objective decisions.”
Kevin Nelson is an Arizona native and an experienced commercial litigator who began his career in Flagstaff, Arizona representing business owners of all sizes. In 2007, after gaining considerable experience assisting his clients with residential and commercial construction transactions and litigation throughout Northern Arizona, Kevin joined Tiffany & Bosco, P.A. Kevin was elected as a shareholder of the firm in 2011.
While Kevin maintains his construction law practice, since joining the firm he has established a broad real estate litigation practice. For example, Kevin represents private real estate investors and private lenders in issues ranging from daily operational concerns to fraud claims, defends corporations and their directors and officers against multi-million dollar claims, represents commercial real estate brokers in commission disputes, prosecutes bad faith and breach of contract insurance claims, defends mortgage lenders and servicers in class action and multi-district litigation (MDL) related to financial services issues, and represents lenders, servicers, and commercial property owners in quiet title litigation ranging from routine boundary disputes to complex issues concerning generations of handshake deals and fading memories.
Some of Kevin’s more recent experience includes:
• Successfully defended a commercial lender and its directors and officers against claims including breach of contract, intentional interference with contractual relations, and fraud seeking damages in excess of $10 million.
• Successfully prosecuted a breach of contract claim against a national insurance company on behalf of a commercial lender.
• Successfully defended a regional lender and servicer against an attempt to certify a class action in federal court multi-district litigation (MDL) related to consumer financial services.
• Successfully prosecuted a breach of contract claim on behalf of a local commercial lender while preserving and enforcing its disputed rights to collateral under the Uniform Commercial Code.
• Successfully defended, through appeal, national lenders and servicers against claims ranging from the alleged fraudulent recording of documents to alleged violations of the Truth in Lending Act (TILA), the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the Unfair Debt Collection Practices Act (UDCPA), and the Fair Housing Act (FHA).
Although Kevin did not step foot into an ice rink until his early twenties, Kevin and his family are avid Arizona Coyotes fans and supporters of youth hockey throughout Arizona.